A. Job Position Summary
The Senior Accountant is responsible for supporting the operational delivery for all financial aspects of the business, ensuring the financial processes and procedures and service work is delivered to the highest standards, on time and within budget.
The Senior Accountant is a key part of the Finance Team and will report directly to the Financial Controller. You will provide key support to the business, ensuring accurate tracking and processing of all transactions.
You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the AP/AR Team whilst building and developing the junior team’s capability. Additionally, you will manage and develop internal processes to deliver an efficient and effective AP/AR Team.
You will support the preparation of financial statements and reports, analysing budgets and maintaining records of financial transactions.
You must demonstrate strong client management skills, nurturing and maintaining relationships with both internal and externals stakeholders.
A highly organised individual with a keen eye for detail, you must be able to anticipate potential issues and respond quickly and effectively; providing practical solutions which will help drive the finance function forwards.
You will report directly into the Financial Controller
B. Job Role Duties
· Support the requirements for monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities including reconciliations of Balance sheet accounts, coordination, and completion of annual audits, and reviewing financial reports as necessary
· Keep up to date with financial requirements and support implementation within the business.
· Develop and maintain analysis for management and audit purposes
· Support for Business Development on financial elements of bids as required
· Research and report on financial status including income statement variances, communicating financial results to the Financial Controller, budget preparation
· Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
· Ensure proper control and accounting of fixed assets additions, disposals, and transfers.
· Generate reports for labour investigation, expense research, monthly balance sheet and monthly customer profit and loss statement. Review and implement actions resulting from reports
· Ensure budgets, schedules, and performance requirements are met
· Ensure proper accounting of all transactions
· Ensure accurate monthly inventory valuation
· Support with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
· Ensure bookkeeping is completed accurately and timely according to internal schedules.
· Ensure that all VAT returns are performed timely and accurately and submitted and paid on time.
· Ensure that payroll taxes are paid timely and accurately
· Analyse and investigate revenue and cost variances
· Prepare and post journals for accruals and prepayments for monthly management accounts.
· Providing cover for the Financial Controller when required.
This position typically requires a strong understanding of accounting principles and a minimum of five years of experience in accounting. You will need experience of managing a team.
Minimum AAT qualified /Finance Degree or equivalent and part qualified/qualified (CIMA/ACCA).
Strong background in finance (typically 5years),
Previous experience of managing a team
Previous experience of the engineering and electronics industry (desirable).
Ability to work as part of a team with strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ability to work under pressure to achieve business deadlines with an accurate eye for detail.
Possess strong Excel skills, demonstrable experience using Excel extensively
Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy
· Ability to manage numerous client relationships, both externally and internally.
· Ability to work in a diverse, collaborative and multi-cultural environment. Experience working with offshore teams would be an advantage.
· Excellent analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills.
· Detailed oriented and strong organisational skills.
· Proficiency in computer-based accounting applications, Xero experience would be an advantage.
· Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic.
· A commitment to client service.
What you will get in return
As a business we value our people, because it’s our people who set us apart. As a member of our team, you’ll receive a wide range of benefits including;
Annual performance-related bonus scheme and pay reviews
Investment in training/career development:
Bespoke training and career development opportunities including professional qualifications and accreditation
A flexible working environment:
We are currently trailing a 9-day fortnight
33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
Health & Wellbeing Benefits:
Occupational Health Provider
Company wellbeing workshops
Access to mental health support and counselling
Sick pay scheme for those days you need to rest and recover
Auto-enrolment personal pension scheme
Social committee with calendar of regular social events – all paid for by the business
Individual recognition and reward schemes including employee of the year celebration
Our employees benefit from a great work environment, competitive salaries, use of company vehicles, unique travel opportunities and much more.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower everyone. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.
If you have a passion for engineering, a hunger to learn and a positive work ethic then we want to hear from you!
Tagged as: accounts, finance
792 Wilmslow Road