Design Engineer Job Description Template (Example)
Generated by AI
How we can help with your job roleCreate your Design Engineer job description for you
Post your job to multiple job boards
Provide free hiring sotfware
Design Engineer Job Template
Job Title: Design Engineer
Location: London, UK
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced Design Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing innovative design solutions for a range of products, from concept through to production.
- Develop and refine product designs from concept through to production, ensuring that designs meet customer requirements, standards and regulations
- Collaborate with project teams and clients to establish design objectives and requirements
- Create detailed technical drawings and specifications for products
- Use 3D CAD software to develop and evaluate design concepts
- Conduct product testing and analysis, including stress and strain analysis, to ensure designs are robust and meet required performance specifications
- Participate in design reviews and present design proposals to clients and management
- Work closely with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure that designs can be manufactured efficiently and to the required quality standards
- Provide technical support to other departments, including sales and customer support
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in a design engineering role, preferably in a product development environment
- Proficient in 3D CAD software (e.g. SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Experience with FEA software (e.g. ANSYS, Abaqus, etc.)
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (e.g. injection moulding, machining, sheet metal fabrication, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel occasionally for work
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for career progression and professional development
- Supportive and friendly working environment
- Pension scheme and other benefits
If you are a highly skilled and experienced Design Engineer looking for a new challenge, then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter to [insert contact details].
Why use our Design Engineer job description example?
This Design Engineer job description template is generated by Chat GPT for a UK Design Engineer role. We asked the AI programme to generate a job advert that would be successful in finding the right candidates and optimised to rank above other Design Engineer jobs in the job board search results. Copy this template or download the Microsoft Word version at the top of this page to get started.
Where to post a Design Engineer job advert?
Completed your Design Engineer job description using the template examples? You’re now ready to get your job advertised online and found by thousands of relevant candidates and choosing the right platform can be confusing and costly. Luckily we have a solution called job board advertising. This is a service we provide that posts your job to multiple top performing job board sites in the UK. This saves you over 80% on your online recruitment costs and increases the exposure of your job description.