Senior Accountant Job Description Template (Example)
Generated by AI
How we can help with your Accountant roleCreate your Senior Accountant job description for you
Post your job to multiple job boards
Provide free hiring sotfware
Senior Accountant Job Template
Senior Accountant – UK
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated senior accountant to join our dynamic team in the UK. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day financial operations of the company, working closely with the finance team to ensure accurate financial reporting, timely monthly closing and compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Manage the daily accounting functions including accounts payable/receivable, billing, and cash management
• Review and reconcile balance sheet accounts and prepare regular bank reconciliation
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for management review
• Ensure compliance with all tax-related filings and government regulations
• Coordinate with external auditors for year-end audit and provide required documentation
• Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures to ensure adherence to GAAP standards
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, professional qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) is preferred
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in a regulated environment
• Strong working knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and VAT regulations
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines
• Proficient in Excel and accounting software (Xero, QuickBooks, Sage)
We offer a competitive salary package, professional development opportunities and excellent benefits. Please submit your application including a cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Why use our Senior Accountant job description example?
This senior accountant job description template is generated by Chat GPT for a UK accountant role. We asked the AI programme to generate a job advert that would be successful in finding the right candidates and optimised to rank above other senior accountant jobs in job board search results. Copy this template or download the Microsoft Word version at the top of this page to get started.
Where to post a Senior Accountant job advert?
Completed your Senior Accountant job description using the template examples? You’re now ready to get your job advertised online and found by thousands of relevant candidates and choosing the right platform can confusing and costly. Luckily we have a solution called job board advertising. This is a service we provide that posts your job to multiple top performing job board sites in the UK. This saves you over 80% on your online recruitment costs and increases the exposure of your job description.